Black 2x4 C&C Cage Kit - Ideal for 2 to 3 Guinea Pigs
Internal Living area (W x L)*: 70cm x 140cm (2 grids x 4 grids)
Finished Assembled Outer Size (W x L x H)*: 75cm x 145cm x 36.5cm
Internal Cage Area*: 10.5 square feet.
* All Sizes are approximate
- Without Lid: 12 Black Grids & 24 Black Connectors
- With Lid: 16 Black Grids, 4 Door Grids** & 34 Black Connectors
- 4mm, 700gsm Waterproof pre-cut and scored Correx Base. 15cm high sides.
- Velcro "coin" tabs for securing the correx corners
- Cable Ties ( Black only available )
** These grids make the hinged edge for easy opening.
3 Easy Steps to Build
1. Unfold the correx base. Using the velcro affix the corners into place. Done!
2. Unpack the grids and connectors. Click each grid into a connector top and bottom (OK they can be a little stiff). Repeat, building the cage around the base, until the cage is complete.
3. Use cable ties to secure the grids. Not essential but a nice added security measure.
Finished! See, simple!
Extra Tip 1: The correx is designed to be a tight and secure fit with our grids. Therefore it will sit on the edges of the connectors. If you find that your grids don't reach all the way around, simply lift the correx on top of the bottom level of connectors or adjust the space in between each grid.
10 Reasons Why You'll Love It
- Recommended for 2-3 guinea pigs. Guinea pigs should not be on their own.
- Long lasting. Made with high quality coated metal guinea pig safe grids and long lasting 4mm, 700GSM correx base with 15cm high sides (thicker, stronger and higher sided than other popular suppliers).
- Much more space for your animals than other types of cage making these fantastic value and better for your pets.
- C and C cages come flat packed and easy to assemble. Instructions included.
- Great to be used within confined spaces. Can be expanded to create any shape.
- Allows easy access to your pets.
- Great expansion options like lofts to increase space. Lofts just click on top of a cage creating a great look.
- You can build up or bigger at anytime without buying a whole new kit. Just click add more grids.
- Awesome bedding options like Fleece Liners, we recommend CandE Cosies Fleece and Zorb Cage Liners.
- You can add a lid, using our special panels to create a hinged lid, for protection from small dogs or cats. Please note, the lids will not withstand the weight of a child or large dog climbing on top.
Where you can put your perfect cage?
- In your home with the family, ideally in a place where you and your family can interact with your pets daily.
- You can place your cage on the floor or on a table or other suitable structure, Ikea is often recommended.
- You can also purchase a stand which attaches to your cage kit. Your stand comes with everything you need including a cage floor for your cage kit - order a Cage Stand here.
- Add fantastic fleece bedding such as Fleece and Zorb Cage Liners, from our sister site CandE Cosies. Perfect for C and C cages and with a huge choice of designs you can create a beautiful cage, even making it a feature of the room.
- Add other accessories such as hammocks, hides and pee pads which can be found on our sister site CandE Cosies Hides and Hammocks.
- Add your bowls, water bottles and other essentials. Ideally 1 bowl and 1 bottle per guinea pig.
- Add your hay and pellets. Hay is a daily essential for a guinea pig, makes up about 80-85% of their diet, and pellets are preferred over muesli products.
- Everything is ready. Just add your guinea pigs and let them enjoy their FAB-U-LOUS new home.
What can live in C&C Cages?
- Guinea Pigs
- African Pygmy Hedgehogs (you may need to increase the height of the correx)
- Other small animals***
***Other small animals - these may require "baby proofing" or our smaller sized grids. If your pet can squeeze through that you will need to baby proof. If your pet climbs you will require and additional lid. Please use your own experience with your pet to judge if this enclosure is suitable or what required additions you may need.
This guide is to highlight the minimum requirements needed depending on the amount and gender of the guinea pigs. Boars always require more space due to their slightly more territorial behaviour. Although more than 2 boars are shown in the table below ideally never have more than 2 unless you are highly experienced with keeping guinea pigs. This is due to the higher chance of incompatible matches and fighting.
- Sows (females)
- Boars (males)
We know that correx can be quite plain to look at, and even though big piles of hay are nice for guinea pigs it's not so exciting for the owners. With this in mind we recommend the addition of fabulous and colourful fleece liners and accessories such as hides, hammocks, tunnels and snuggle sacks. Go take a look on CandE Cosies Small Animal Accessories and fall in love with some gorgeous items.
It is possible to buy correx/coroplast in sheets and make the base yourself. So, why buy from us you may then ask? Easy! Time, convenience and overall finish. Our bases are professionally scored and cut, use 4mm 700gsm correx, this grade can be tricky to buy elsewhere, and are ready to fold into a base.
Within 1-2 minutes of unpacking, your base can be ready to furnish. Now, doing it yourself will take anywhere from 30-60 mins and is open to errors happening, meaning the need to buy more correx, or potentially a messy finish.
The way we look at it is what price do you put on your time? Add that price onto the cost of buying a sheet of correx and that's the total cost to you. Now you can see why buying from us is a great idea ... less hassle and more "me time", quality finish and cost effective.
We are a small family business located in the South West of England. 100% of our stock and business is located in the UK. This means that when you order from us it will be dispatched from a UK address. Additionally, should you require to return anything then it will also be to a UK address.
Grid Imperfections - we import a large number of grids and so they may have some imperfections on the outer coating due to the nature of producing the grids. All grids supplied by Cage Creations are brand new from our trusted manufacturer.
Baby Guinea pigs and small rodents: Guinea pigs under 6 months of age or small sized mice and rats do require all cages to be baby proofed by adding extra grids around the sides or using our specially made baby proof grids.
Chewing and Destructive Pets - If you find your pets are excessively chewing and being destructive then your pets may be bored. Consider providing them with more stimulation like toys and more time outside of their enclosure. Pets go stir crazy just like we do sometimes and can show this through destructive behaviour. If your pets are chewing the correx you can purchase nibble guards which slip over the exposed edges where they most likely chew.